Traditional Junior Camp
|Location||Event Date(s)||Event Status||Grades|
|Durham, NC||Jun 24, 2017 to Jun 29, 2017||This is a completed event. Please check back later for upcoming event dates and to register online.||5th to 12th|
DUKE GOLF | TRADITIONAL JUNIOR CAMP
Traditional Camp is open to boys ages 11 to 18 interested in learning how to become a better golfer in every aspect and increase his enjoyment of the game All skill levels are welcome and students will find instruction to be in line for growth within their abilities. Always staffed to maintain a low camper to instructor ratio.
Since the late 1970‘s the Men’s Golf Program at Duke University has run junior golf camp for boys in the summertime. Our Traditional Junior Golf Camp carries on that legacy. As an overnight camp for boys, we offer all of the components one would expect from a university-run golf camp:
- Lodging and meals on Duke University’s magnificent West Campus, across the street from the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club.
- Instruction on all facets of the game of golf including:
- Full swing fundamentals
- Ball flight laws and shot shaping
- Various putting methods
- Effective chipping & pitching techniques
- Distance control with wedge play
- Proven bunker routines
- Course management and positive visualization
- Contests, games, and drills for fun and improvement of technique
- The United States Golf Association and Royal & Ancient Rules of Golf
- Successful practicing habits
- Informational session on competing in junior golf tournaments, college recruiting, and playing on a college golf team
In order to get the most effective instruction, we believe that there must be a very low student to instructor ratio not to exceed 5:1. Also, to ensure that each student is comfortable, groups will be decided based on a combination of experience (years exposed to the game) and skill level (as described by the students signing up and the coach's evaluation on the first afternoon of camp). Students will work with their assigned instructors on improving their golf swings through video analysis and hands-on, personalized instruction.
The philosophy of the Traditional Junior Golf Camp is to provide an atmosphere in which each student will improve their golf game, meet new friends who share an interest for the game of golf, and have a lot of fun!