Laker Elite Camp
|Location||Event Date(s)||Event Status||Ages||Grades|
|Allendale, MI||Jun 21, 2017 to Jun 23, 2017||This is a completed event. Please check back later for upcoming event dates and to register online.||9 to 18||3rd to 12th|
Grand Valley State Women's Lacrosse Camp
2017 Laker Elite Camp
Grand Valley State University Athletics and GVSU Women’s Lacrosse lives by three fundamentals. The first is to: Create the Best Learning Environment Possible. We want to make sure each player has the greatest opportunity to succeed, by provid-ing the best facilities, coaching, support staff and education. Our second fundamental: Challenge Our Teams to Competitive Greatness. Throughout the year and at our camps, we chal-lenge our players to go outside their comfort zone by playing against the best and learning from both their successes and shortcomings. Our third fundamental is a simple one: Commit the Energy Necessary for Success! Coaches Groveston, Ber-notas and Johnson do that on a daily basis, by providing their student athletes their full attention and dedication. They expect that same dedication and passion from their athletes in return. Coach Groveston’s goal is to maximize each student-athlete’s full potential. She works to get the best out of each player both on and off of the field.
Campers will be exposed to the “Three Fundamentals” first hand through playing lacrosse, forming new relationships, and experi-encing student life. Not only are Vesta, Rach and Lyss (as the coaches are known) working to enhance each player’s strengths but are also helping to improve weaknesses through fun, ener-getic, and competitive drills. The coaches will be working on both an individual and group level in an attempt to maximize each camper’s abilities and take their game to the next level..
|June 21st - 23rd|
Girls Ages: 9 - 18
Overnight Camp: $485
Extended Day Camp: $405
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200 | Remaining Balance Due June 15th
Group Discounts Available: Group registrations must be done at the same time. Late additions will not be permitted.
- 2-5 Campers - 5% per Camper
- 6+ Campers - 10% per Camper
Additional Information: Camp runs Wednesday midday through Friday afternoon. Overnight camp includes the all instruc-tion, meals and housing. Extended Day Camp runs from 9:00am-9:00pm and includes all instruction lunch and dinner.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Age 9-18
- LOW Player to Coach Ratio
- Superior Instruction from College Coaches — Division I, II & III, NAIA & College Club Level
- One on one instruction from the #10 Ranked Team in Division II (Ranked 5th in NCAA North Region)
- Various camp prizes awarded
- Reversible mesh practice jersey
- Take-Home Individual Evaluation given at conclusion of camp
- Experiencing our gorgeous campus in Allendale, MI — 15 miles from Downtown Grand Rapids & Lake Michigan
- Use of our state of the art Laker Lacrosse Stadium & 4 Field Turf Recreation fields.
- Pristine Air-Conditioned Dorms — 2-4 per room — refrigerator included
- Prior to camp you will receive an email with a packing list, check-in information, medical authorization form & concussion forms. ALL forms must be properly sub-mitted for campers to participate. Check in is typically from 11:00am-12:30pm & Check out from 12:00pm-1:00pm.
- Campers must provide their own equipment including: stick, mouth guard, goggles, turf shoes/cleats and gloves. Goalies need to provide full gear. Goalies will be able to store gear at the field.
- All Overnight campers must provide bedding, bath linens, & toiletries. Packing list will be provided.
- Campers will provide their own breakfast for Tuesday/Wednesday.
- First Aid Providers will be present during all on –field camp activities.
- All campers are REQUIRED to abide by all camp rules and attend all camp ses-sions. Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal from camp without a refund.
Camp is open to any and all participants; limited only by number and age.