Baseball | Session 1: Fall Jaguar Skills Camp | Individual Player Registration
|Location||Event Date(s)||Grades||Register By|
|Ankeny, IA||Sep 12, 2017 to Oct 26, 2017||1st to 8th||Oct 26, 2017 11:59pm CST|
ANKENY CENTENNIAL HS CAMPS | Jaguar Baseball Academy
This Baseball Academy is led by the Ankeny & Centennial Baseball Coaching Staffs.
Open to ANY and ALL Students Grades 1st - 8th.
This Academy is open to Any and All students enrolled in Ankeny North (Centennial) feeder schools.
Centennial HS Baseball Coach Mark Hey along with the coaching staff of Centennial High School and members of the varsity baseball team will be offering several opportunities for North feeder students in grades 1st-8th during the fall and winter. Youth coaches are encouraged to attend at no cost.
If a USSSA team wants to sign up together, there is a discount that applies.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE JAGUAR BASEBALL ACADEMY:
- Give opportunities for skill development to all North Centennial feeder students.
- Continue to promote multi-sport athletes. (This is why we split the academy up into separate sessions.)
- Provide resources for teams of north-side players, such as field usage and equipment.
- Provide an avenue for youth coaches of north side players to learn about fundamentals, drills, etc. that they can use in their practices.
These camps will focus on fundamental skills and drills and preparing players for the upcoming Little League and USSSA seasons. You may choose to attend one, two, or all three sessions. The registration fee for one or more camps includes a T-shirt (one t-shirt per player).
SESSION 1: FALL JAGUAR BASEBALL SKILLS CAMP
The focus of these sessions will be on stretching properly, pitching mechanics, drills to increase arm strength and velocity, pick-off moves, defensive skills for catchers, infielders, and outfielders, and hitting drills to increase exit velocity and launch angle.
- 1st-4th grade students (7-10 year olds) will practice from 5:30pm-7:00pm.
- 5th-8th grade students (11-14 year olds) will practice from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
LOCATION: Tuesday and Thursday nights outside on the Northview Baseball Field.
QUESTIONS CONTACT: Coach Hey at email@example.com or call the Activities Office at Centennial High School