2018 Summer Camp
2018 Summer Camp
After another awesome camp in 2017, we will be returning for summer 2018 to bring you another week of fun-filled, high quality soccer, that is open to all players from K-9th grade (for Fall 2018).
Our camp is designed to help all players improve on the skills and experiences they already have. Coaches will assess current strengths and build a curriculum that challenges, excites and improves every player in the group. It doesn’t matter whether you are a complete beginner or high-level club player! We will be able to help you grow into a smarter, stronger, faster and more skillful player, than you were when you started.
You can see from our camp curriculum, that we are focused on more than just soccer skills. We aim to build rounded soccer players and people through discussion, positive reinforcement, teamwork and communication of goals.
Each player will receive a soccer ball and t-shirt, that is theirs to keep and use at home to continue building on the skills learned at camp.
We look forward to seeing you for another great week of soccer camp!
Location: Catoctin High School, 14745 Sabillasville Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788
- Soccer ABC’s - Players will improve their Agility, Balance and Coordination.
- Dribbling - improve the ability to change direction and move at speed with a ball.
- Moves - master different ways to turn and fake opponents.
- Passing - improve accuracy, pace and 1st touch control.
- Shooting - improve power and placement with each foot.
- Tackling/Defending - improve your tackling skills and learn how to defend.
- Control – bring the ball under your spell with different body parts.
- Freestyle - daily program of juggling, lifts and balances to improve first touch.
- Communication – It’s more than just being loud. Learn how to get the right message across to your team mates.
- Leadership – learn how to work with, organize and encourage others.
- Respect – at all times we show respect to the officials, coaches, team mates and opposition.
- Responsibility – take ownership of your decisions, development and nutrition.
- High quality coaching from our experienced coaching staff.
- Players grouped by age and ability.
- Instruction emphasizing technical development and team membership.
- Small sided play emphasizing tactical development and soccer IQ
- Fitness and nutritional education
- FREE CAMP T-SHIRT and SOCCER BALL
Pictures and videos from the camp may be used for promotional purposes.
These materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by
the Board of Education of Frederick County, the superintendent, or Catoctin High School.