2018 Summer Camp
|Location||Event Date(s)||Grades||Register By|
|Thurmont, MD||Jun 25, 2018 to Jun 28, 2018||K to 9th||Jun 23, 2018 11:59pm CST|
2018 Summer Camp
The Catoctin Cougar Soccer Camp is back! This is a co-ed camp for players of all levels, in Kindergarten up to incoming freshmen in High School. Our top coaches will work to provide a program designed to meet the special needs of each individual player based on age and ability. We want all players to develop their soccer, teamwork and personal skills, all while having a great time!
Our main objective is to help each player learn how to fully reach their potential as a soccer player. This involves training in the foundation techniques and skills, all the way up to decision making on the field and leading other players. All of this will be achieved in an environment of positive reinforcement and communication designed to enrich each individual's soccer experience. Each player will develop a better appreciation of how to run, play, and think as a soccer player whilst being an important part of a team.
Like last year, each player will receive a soccer ball which is theirs to take home and practice with! So, the skills and techniques learned in camp can now be worked on at home with family members or individually.
We look forward to seeing you on the field!
Location: Catoctin High School, 14745 Sabillasville Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788
- Soccer ABC’s - Players will improve their Agility, Balance and Coordination.
- Dribbling - improve the ability to change direction and move at speed with a ball.
- Moves - master different ways to turn and fake opponents.
- Passing - improve accuracy, pace and 1st touch control.
- Shooting - improve power and placement with each foot.
- Tackling/Defending - improve your tackling skills and learn how to defend.
- Control – bring the ball under your spell with different body parts.
- Freestyle - daily program of juggling, lifts and balances to improve first touch.
- Communication – It’s more than just being loud. Learn how to get the right message across to your team mates.
- Leadership – learn how to work with, organize and encourage others.
- Respect – at all times we show respect to the officials, coaches, team mates and opposition.
- Responsibility – take ownership of your decisions, development and nutrition.
- High quality coaching from our experienced coaching staff.
- Players grouped by age and ability.
- Instruction emphasizing technical development and team membership.
- Small sided play emphasizing tactical development and soccer IQ
- Fitness and nutritional education
- FREE CAMP T-SHIRT and SOCCER BALL
Pictures and videos from the camp may be used for promotional purposes.
These materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by
the Board of Education of Frederick County, the superintendent, or Catoctin High School.